Monday, August 10, 2009

Chantelle's Books and Crafts


Well, another day in August (10th) for most people, but not for me. After Jana left back to Oregon, it was back to the drawing board of sifting through more of mom's things. Last week it was "book week." I sorted through topics like artificial flowers, spooling, creating teddy bears and dolls, socks toys, doll dresses, Paula Dean cookbooks, Better Homes and Garden cookbooks, floral, crochet, painting, wreaths, baskets, and garlands. Man, this can leave a kid exhausted. I had to take a day off after going through this library. After attempting to research how much these books are worth on ebay or craigslist, the pricing was a joke, these type of books weren't selling for much at all. How sad. Between taking "time" and my potential anxiety attacks over this whole delimma, the books went to Goodwill. Done with that. Btw, here is an example of Chantelle's artwork from the 70's; she created this wall decor out of an embroidery hoop, lace, satin, ruffles, and potpourri.

Next week I tackle cake decorating supplies; and no, these will go on ebay or Craigslist. You don't give away cake decorating supplies; my aunt would kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment